Young people are invited to join our fun and free Youth Fusion Days taking place in Soham, Bottisham and Littleport this summer.
These interactive wellbeing events are an opportunity to find out what’s going on for young people in the district and where to go to get more information about the things that matter to them.
As well as fun activities such as a climbing wall and a bouncy castle, there will also be the chance to find out more about the clubs, organisations and support networks available for under 18s.
Among the attractions are:
- A taster session and information on how to get involved in sports
- Details of National Citizen Service, which offers a range of experiences away from home, in the local community and online
- Engaging with young people on safety concerns, and sharing advice on many topics including county lines and knife crime
- Cycle marking and free bike servicing and maintenance advice
- Information on clubs, workshops, fundraising, fostering, e-learning, volunteering and careers (Soham and Littleport events)
- How to join the East Cambridgeshire Youth Council as an ambassador
- Climate change and what you can do to help the environment
- ARC games, such as Jenga and Giant Connect 4
The events are being supported by a diverse range of organisations including East Cambridgeshire District Council, Cambridgeshire Constabulary, East Cambridgeshire Community Safety Partnership, Living Sport, Woodgreen Animal Shelters and EMC bicycle repairs.
Rhianna Regan, a youth ambassador for East Cambridgeshire Youth Council, said: “We’re out speaking to young people all the time and they are always keen to know what fun activities there are to do and where they can go to get help and advice if they need it.
“These Youth Fusion days are literally “fusing” these two things together. Young people can go along and have fun with the sports activities and events taking place on the day. But there will also be the opportunity to have more thoughtful conversations around climate change, health and wellbeing and how to keep yourself safe.
“So, whether you want to just have an enjoyable free day out with friends, or find out more about the support and services that are available – or both, it’s guaranteed there will be something for everyone on the day.”
Drop in from 11am to 3pm:
Soham Rec and Scout Hut, Wednesday 26 July 2023
Bottisham Sports Centre, Wednesday 9 August 2023
Littleport Youth and Community Centre, Wednesday 23 August 2023
You can find out more about the Youth Fusion Days, together with lots of handy hints and tips for young people on the youth pages on East Cambridgeshire District Council’s website.