Correct a tax credit mistake

Call the Tax Credit Helpline straight away to correct a mistake on your claim form.


If you do not call you may receive tax credits you are not entitled to - this is called an overpayment

You must repay any overpaid money and you may be fined. 

You could be fined up to £3,000 if you give wrong information.