Who can apply
You can only apply for a Parent of a Tier 4 Child Student visa if your child has or is applying for a Child Student Visa. Or if they currently have a Tier 4 (Child) visa.
Your child must be aged between 4 and 11 when you apply, and be attending an independent school in the UK.
You must also:
- be the only parent accompanying your child in the UK
- have enough money to support yourself and your child in the UK
- maintain your main home outside the UK
- plan to leave the UK when your visa expires
Bringing family members with you
To be eligible for a Parent of a Child Student visa you must be the only parent accompanying your child in the UK. The child's other parent must live abroad, and cannot apply to join you in the UK.
You can bring your other children with you if they also have or are applying for a Child Student visa.
You cannot bring other family members with you on this visa. They may be able to apply to come to the UK on a short-term visit visa.
How long you can stay
You can stay in the UK until your child's visa expires or when they turn 12, whichever happens first.
You can extend your visa while in the UK as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.
What you cannot do
While you're in the UK on a Parent Child Student visa, you cannot:
- do paid work
- start a business
- make the UK your main home
- apply for benefits, or the State Pension
- bring other family members with you
- switch to a different type of visa