Club Premises Certificate

You will need a Club Premises Certificate if you are planning to: 

  • supply alcohol to members of a club, or to guests of members of a club  
  • hold regulated entertainment  

Your club must be able to meet the requirements of a qualifying club to hold a Club Premises Certificate. You can read more about the Club Premises certificate (external link) or by using the relevant document link in the related publications section at the bottom of this page.

Online applications for a new Club Premises Certificate 

Online applications related to existing Club Premises Certificates

Postal application forms and notices

Completed paper forms should be returned with the statutory fee (PDF) to: 

The Licensing Department, East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE. 

Before completing your application, your attention is drawn to our privacy and data retention policy (PDF)

Applicants are also required to supply a copy of their application to the relevant Responsible Authorities according to the type of application being submitted, unless submitting their application via an online form. The table below shows which Responsible Authorities need to be copied in. The Responsible Authority addresses can be found here: 

Application type

Responsible Authority to be consulted

New Club Premises Certificate


Variation of Club Premises Certificate


Minor variation of a Club Premises Certificate


* the Licensing Authority will consult those Responsible Authorities it feels appropriate given the nature of the application. 

Advertising of an application 

For new applications, and full variations it is necessary to advertise the application by placing a notice on the premises for a period of 28 days commencing the day after the day the application is given. A notice with the same information must also be displayed in a local newspaper within ten working days of the valid application being given. 

A notice is also required for a minor variation application for a period of ten working days commencing the day after the day the application is given. No newspaper public notice is required for minor variations. 

Public Notice templates: 

Guidance notes 

What happens next? 

It is in the public interest that East Cambridgeshire District Council must process the application before it can be authorised. If a response to the application has not been received within a reasonable period, please contact us, if the application has been made online through the UK Welcomes service (external link) or use the contact details below. 

Other redress 

Rights of appeal exist for many of the applications and processes covered by the Licensing Act 2003, and those affected by qualifying club activities may submit representations against applications, or ask for a licence to be reviewed. 

More information on this area is contained in the East Cambridgeshire District Council guidance document in the related publications section at the bottom of this page. 

If you are not satisfied with the outcome and are located in the UK, Citizens Advice Consumer Service (external link) will give you advice. If you are from outside the UK, please contact the UK European Consumer Centre (external link)

Public Register 

Link to EUGO website (external link)Link to GOV.UK website (external link)