Massage and Special Treatments Premises Licence

Although East Cambridgeshire District Council does not require businesses that carry out massage and special treatments be licensed, if your establishment includes 'special treatments' you will require a 'special treatments registration’ to register both the premises and the person carrying out the special treatment.

In the East Cambridgeshire district special treatments include Skin Piercing.

It is in the public interest that East Cambridgeshire District Council must process your application before it can be authorised. If you have not received a response to your application within a reasonable period or you require further information, please contact environmental health (external link)

You can do this online if you applied through the UK Welcomes service (external link) or use the contact details below.

Commercial Team, Environmental Services East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE
Tel: 01353 665555

If you are an applicant or a third party, you should always contact us in the first instance if you have any queries, concerns or cause for complaint preferably in the form of a letter with proof of delivery.  If you are not satisfied with the outcome and are located in the UK, Citizens Advice Consumer Service (external link) will give you advice.  If you are from outside the UK, please contact the UK European Consumer Centre (external link).

Further information

If you carry out massage and special treatments at commercial premises you must comply with the Health and Safety At Work etc Act 1974. For more information visit Health and Safety Executive (HSE) (external link) website.

Link to EUGO website (external link)Link to GOV.UK website (external link)