What happens to my Waste?

Cambridgeshire County Council (external link) is responsible for the treatment and disposal of food and garden waste collected in the green bin, as well as waste collected in black bags. After East Cambs Street Scene collect it at your kerbside, we take it to the County Council's facility (operated by a contractor) in Waterbeach. Find out more about what happens to the contents of your waste (external link).  

East Cambs Street Scene manages the recycling of materials in your blue bin. We also take it to the facility in Waterbeach. You can find out more about what happens next by watching the following video.