SA302 tax calculation

You can get evidence of your earnings (SA302) for the last four years once you have sent your self assessment tax return (external link).  

You can also get a tax year overview for any year. 

You might be asked for these documents as evidence of your income, for example if you are applying for a mortgage and you are self-employed.  

The tax year is from 6 April to 5 April the following year. 

Printing your documents 

You can print your own tax calculation and tax year overview if you do your self assessment tax return using either: 

  • HM Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC’s) online services 
  • commercial software 

Check that your mortgage provider accepts documents you have printed yourself (external link)

You cannot print your documents until 72 hours after you sent your tax return. 

If you use HMRC’s online services 

  1. Log in to your HMRC online account (external link) 
  2. Go to self assessment, then more self assessment details. 

If you use commercial software 

If you or your accountant use commercial software to do your return, you will need to use that software to print your tax calculation. It might be called something different in the software, for example a tax computation. 

Contact the company that makes the software if you have trouble printing. 

You can still print a tax year overview from your HMRC online account (external link)

Contact HMRC 

You can contact HMRC (external link) if you have any problems getting the documents.