Action on Energy grants for low-income households
Through our Action on Energy partnership with other councils, we provide grants to help low-income households install energy-efficiency improvements and low-carbon heating.
The grants are available for homeowners and private landlords that meet both of the following criteria:
- Homeowners or tenants on certain means-tested benefits (see 'eligible benefits' below) or with a total household income of less than £34,500 before tax or other deductions.
- The property's Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating is E, F, or G. Some schemes will accept D rated properties but this is in limited quantities.
You can check your EPC rating - contact us if you don't have one.
For homeowners the grant will cover 100% of the cost improvements.
For landlords the grant will cover two-thirds of the cost of the improvements, with the landlord expected to cover the outstanding amount.
The maximum amount of grant available depends on the way the property is heated and its current EPC rating. The maximum ranges from £10,000 to £25,000 for homeowners and £5,000 to £16,666 for landlords.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, our TrustMark-registered installer Aran will visit your property to assess whether we could install any of the following improvements:
- Cavity wall insulation
- External or Internal wall insulation
- Loft insulation (or top-up)
- Party wall insulation (between you and your neighbour)
- Room-in-roof insulation
- Flat room insulation
- Draught proofing
If funds allow, in addition to any insulation work, we will also consider installing measures including:
- Photovoltaic solar panels for electricity
- Renewable heating or hot-water systems such as heat pumps
The work will be undertaken by Aran, working to a new quality standard for the retrofit industry.
Interested residents can contact Aran direct on: 0800 5877795, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via Aran's website for more information or to arrange an assessment. Email subject lines should read "5321 - 'your property address'"
Alternatively, you can register your interest with the Council via HomeEnergy@eastcambs.gov.uk or call our Customer Service team on 01353 665555.
- Child Tax Credit
- Council Tax Reduction, excluding the 25% single occupant reduction
- Housing Benefit
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit