Recover Debt from an EU Country

Recover Debt from an EU Country 

Use internationally-recognised court forms to recover money you are owed by someone in an EU country. 
This is known as making a ‘cross-border’ claim. You will have to pay a court fee. 
From 1 January 2021, you might not be able to use these services or make a new claim. You will be able to complete existing claims. 

If They Admit Owing the Money 

You can make a European Payment Order if the other person or business admits owing the money. 

If They Deny Owing the Money 

You can use the European Small Claims procedure if they deny owing the money, and you are owed less than €5,000.  
You may have to use the national court system for larger sums of money, and should get legal advice
Find out more about making a cross-border claim in the EU. 
For further information: