Further information about the East Cambridgeshire CIL can be obtained by emailing CIL or writing to the CIL Team, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs CB7 4EE.
The Council have created CIL guidance documents to assist you with the process, these are available below:
The following process leaflet, which will hopefully answer any initial queries you may have regarding the process and what to submit when, has two versions, please select the appropriate one from below:
These guidance documents include guidance on self-build relief and self-build residential annexe or extension relief:
Further general information about the Community Infrastructure Levy can be obtained from the following:
- Planning Act 2008 (November 2008)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (March 2010)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (March 2011)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) Regulations 2012 (November 2012)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) Regulations 2013 (April 2013)
- Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) Regulations 2014
- Localism Act 2011 (November 2011)
Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities
- Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities - CIL
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) (England) (No. 2) Regulations 2019
Planning Portal guidance
The process and format of the forms is prescribed by The Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) Regulations 2014, and there are surcharges and penalties if these are not strictly followed. Failure to assume liability before the commencement of development can result in surcharges for anyone who has an interest in the land; further details are set out in Part 9 of the Regulations.
The CIL regulations require the Council to report on CIL collection and spend. The Council publish an Infrastructure Funding Statement annually, showing how much CIL has been collected, the total amount that has been spent and the degree to which particular projects have benefitted, please see Delivery of Projects and Reports page or the Developer contributions page.