Fly-tipping on public land can be reported to Customer Services on 01353 665555 or via our Self Service Portal using the online form below:
We will need to know:
- the date, time and place where you saw the fly-tip
- a description of what has been tipped, and how much there is
- any vehicle registration or description (if known)
- a description of the person/people involved (if witnessed)
- do you have a photo or video of the event taking place?
- your contact details (in case our officers have trouble locating the tip)
- whether or not you would be willing to provide a statement for a prosecution
- and, do you know of any other witnesses?
- do NOT touch the waste - it may cause injury or be a hazardous material
- do NOT disturb the site, it is a potential crime scene - there may be evidence that could help to identify the fly-tippers and lead to a prosecution
- do NOT approach anyone you see fly-tipping - protect yourself first and foremost
Fly-tipping will normally be removed from town centres/shopping streets by the end of the next working day and other areas within three working days.
For more information see our Environmental Enforcement Strategy (PDF)
Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of waste, find out more about fly-tipping