Apply for a Council Tax Reduction

Apply to your local council for Council Tax Reduction (sometimes called Council Tax Support). 

You’ll get a discount on your bill if you’re eligible. 

Council Tax Reduction replaced Council Tax Benefit in April 2013.  

In East Cambs District Council Anglia Revenues Partnership manages Council Tax.   

What you need to know 

You could be eligible if you’re on a low income or claim benefits. Your bill could be reduced by up to 100%. 

You can apply if you own your home, rent, are unemployed or working. 

What you get depends on: 

  • where you live - each council runs its own scheme 

  • your circumstances (eg income, number of children, benefits, residency status) 

  • your household income - this includes savings, pensions and your partner’s income 

  • if your children live with you 

  • if other adults live with you 

For further information on Applying for a Council Tax Reduction can be found on GOV.UK's website.