Estimate your Income Tax for the Current Year
Use this service to estimate how much Income Tax and National Insurance you should pay for the current tax year.
This tells you your take-home pay if you do not have any other deductions, such as pension contributions or student loans.
If you are self-employed, the self-employed ready reckoner tool can help you budget for your tax bill.
You may be able to claim a refund if you have paid too much tax.
Before you Start
You cannot get an estimate online if:
- you are not a pay as you earn (PAYE) taxpayer
- your only income is from self employment or state benefits, such as State Pension
- you contribute to a pension scheme through your employer
- you are repaying a student loan
If you have more than one job, use the calculator once for each job.
There are different ways to:
- check your Income Tax payments for the current year
- check how much you paid last year
- estimate how much you should have paid in a previous year
For further information: