Skip Operator Licence

If you wish to place builders skips upon the adopted highway (the road plus any paved or grassed area) you must register as a skip operator under the provisions of Section 139 of the Highways Act 1980 with Cambridge County Council Street Works Section.

You will need to supply proof of adequate public liability insurance and be a registered waste carrier.

If you are an applicant or a third party, you should always contact Cambridgeshire County Council in the first instance if you have any queries, concerns or cause for complaint preferably in the form of a letter with proof of delivery.

Trade Associations 

EUGO website (external link)GOV.UK website (external link)