Get Legal Advice for Immigration Appeals and Status Problems

Find an immigration adviser 

Search for an adviser 

You can get immigration advice if you need help with getting permission to stay in the UK. Immigration advisers can help you with most things to do with immigration, including helping you to fill in the right forms and representing you at a tribunal. 

Advisers do not make immigration decisions and can only give you advice. 

There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens currently living in the UK until 30 June 2021. You and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.  

Registered immigration advisers 

The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers and makes sure they meet certain standards. For example, advisers must: 

  • carry insurance against giving poor advice  

  • keep up to date with current immigration advice  

OISC maintains a register of the immigration advisers that they regulate. You can find OISC-registered advisers in your area. Check if the adviser charges a fee.  

You can also find immigration advisers through: 

By law, immigration advisers must be registered with OISC or a member of an approved professional body, for example the Law Society. 

You can complain about an immigration adviser if you think you have had a bad service.  

You cannot get help or your money back if an adviser is not regulated.  

Suspended immigration advisers  

You can see a list of people who are banned from acting as immigration advisers.  

See also:  

For further information on getting legal advice for immigration appeals and status problems can be found on GOV.UK's website.