Claim for Loss of Notice Pay

Use this service to claim money if your employer is insolvent and you have not been paid for your notice period (‘statutory notice pay’). This includes if you did not work your notice period. 

You must apply for redundancy and any other money you are owed first - even if you are not owed any money. 

You will need: 

  • your National Insurance number 

  • an ‘LN’ claim reference number (you are sent this after you claim for redundancy) 

  • details of any money you earned during your notice period 

  • details of any unemployment benefits you claimed during your notice period (if you did not claim any you will need to explain why) 

Additional information on claiming for loss of notice pay can be found on GOV.UK's website.