Pay Voluntary Class 3 National Insurance
You may be able to pay Class 3 voluntary National Insurance to fill gaps in your contributions record to qualify for benefits like the State Pension.
Before you Pay
Check your National Insurance record to find out:
- if you have any gaps
- if you are eligible to pay voluntary contributions
- how much it will cost
Voluntary contributions do not always increase your State Pension. Contact the Future Pension Centre to find out if you will benefit from voluntary contributions.
Ways to Pay
- You can pay monthly via Direct Debit.
Contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you want to pay by another method. You can:
- pay quarterly - they will send you a bill every July, October, January and April
- make a one-off payment
Make sure you pay HMRC by the deadline you are given. The amount of time you will need to allow depends on how you pay.
Same or Next Day
3 Working Days
You can no longer pay at the Post Office.
- Direct Debit
- Bank details for online or telephone banking, CHAPS, Bacs
- At your bank or building society
- By cheque through the post