Appeal a Decision by the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal

You can appeal to the Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) if you think there is a legal mistake with a decision made by the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber).

The tribunal is independent of government and will listen to both sides of the argument before making a decision.

Help you can get 

You can get legal advice (including from a solicitor), or help from a regulated immigration adviser.

You may be able to get legal aid.

Read the guide on representing yourself if you are not going to have a legal representative.

You may be able to get asylum support, for example housing and money, while you are waiting to find out if you will be given asylum.

Contact the tribunal if you have any questions about your appeal. The tribunal cannot give you legal advice.

Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) 

Telephone: +44 (0) 300 123 1711 

Minicom: +44 (0) 300 123 1264 

Fax: +44 (0) 870 324 0095 

Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm