At the Operation Services Committee it was agreed that the Food Safety Enforcement Policy and the Health and Safety Enforcement Policy are subject to a 12-week consultation period. A Survey Monkey survey has been developed to guide any submissions you wish to make or you can respond to firstname.lastname@example.org using Enforcement Policy within the subject line. Further information on the consultation can be found on our Current Consultations webpage.
The Council's Commercial Team are responsible for:
- enforcing food safety legislation in around 880 premises
- registering and keeping an up to date register of food businesses
- approving establishments that require approval and ensuring these feature on the Food Standards Agency website
- following up complaints about food sold or manufactured and concerns about food hygiene in the district
- taking samples of food, water and the environment for microbiological examination and chemical analysis