Pension Credit gives you extra money to help with your living costs if you are over State Pension age on a low income. Pension Credit can also help with housing costs such as ground rent or service charges.
You might get extra help if you are a carer, severely disabled, or responsible for a child or young person.
Pension Credit is separate from your State Pension.
You can get Pension Credit even if you have other income, savings or own your own home.
Other help if you get Pension Credit
If you get Pension Credit you can also get other help, such as:
- Housing Benefit (external link) if you rent the property you live in
- Cost of Living payments (external link)
- Support for Mortgage Interest (external link) if you own the property you live in
- A Council Tax discount (external link)
- A free TV licence (external link) if you are aged 75 or over
- Help with NHS dental treatment, glasses and transport costs (external link) for hospital appointments, if you get a certain type of Pension Credit
- Help with your heating costs through the Warm Home Discount Scheme (external link)
- A discount on the Royal Mail redirection service (external link) if you are moving house