Armed Forces Injury Compensation


You can claim compensation if you were injured or got an illness while serving in the armed forces (including the reserve forces).
Compensation may include:
  • a lump sum
  • regular payments

What you can claim for

You can claim compensation for any injury or illness that happened as a result of your service, including physical and mental conditions.
You can also claim:
  • if you were injured during a service-related activity, eg a training exercise
  • for conditions you had before service if you feel your service made them worse

If you’re a victim of crime while serving abroad

Find out if you qualify for the Criminal Injuries Compensation (Overseas) scheme if you were the victim of a violent crime while serving abroad.

See also:

For further information: