You must respond if someone claims you owe them money. You must respond by the date on the email or letter you receive.
If you do not Respond
You might get a County Court Judgment (CCJ) if you do not respond by the date on the letter or email.
If you get a CCJ:
- bailiffs might be sent to your home or business
- you might have problems getting credit, such as a mobile phone contract, credit card or mortgage
Return to an Existing Claim
- Sign in to your account to check updates and manage your response
Help Responding Online
Contact Money Claims for help using this service.
Telephone: 0300 123 7050
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Respond by Post
Download and fill in:
- form N9 if you need more time to respond to the claim
- form N9A to pay all or part of the specified amount
- form N9B if you do not agree with the claim
Send the forms to Civil Money Claims.
Civil Money Claims
St. Katherine's House
21-27 St. Katherine's Street
Help Responding by Post
Contact the County Court Money Claims Centre.
County Court Money Claims Centre
Telephone: 0300 123 1372
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm