Respond to a Money Claim

Respond to a Money Claim 

You must respond if someone claims you owe them money. You must respond by the date on the email or letter you receive. 

If you do not Respond 

You might get a County Court Judgment (CCJ) if you do not respond by the date on the letter or email. 
If you get a CCJ: 
  • bailiffs might be sent to your home or business 
  • you might have problems getting credit, such as a mobile phone contract, credit card or mortgage 

Respond to a Money Claim 

Return to an Existing Claim 

Help Responding Online

Contact Money Claims for help using this service.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Respond by Post

Download and fill in:
  • form N9 if you need more time to respond to the claim 
  • form N9A to pay all or part of the specified amount 
  • form N9B if you do not agree with the claim 
Send the forms to Civil Money Claims.
Civil Money Claims
St. Katherine's House
21-27 St. Katherine's Street

Help Responding by Post

Contact the County Court Money Claims Centre.
County Court Money Claims Centre
Telephone: 0300 123 1372
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
For further information: