Concessionary Bus Passes

Bus passes are provided by Cambridgeshire County Council.

For information on how to apply for a bus pass, or to replace a lost, stolen or damaged pass, please visit the County Council's website.

Alternatively, you can telephone the County Council about bus passes on 0345 045 1367.

Bus passes are available for the following groups:

  • Pensioners*
  • People who qualify for the higher rate mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
  • Those registered deaf
  • Those who are without speech, and can provide medical evidence
  • Those who are prevented from obtaining a driving licence on medical grounds
  • Those registered blind or partially sighted
  • Those who have a learning disability which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning
  • Those who have long term loss of the use of both arms

*The state pension age for women is rising by five years over a period of ten years. The age of eligibility will rise incrementally, that is, in stages, between 2010 and 2020. The earliest age for men and women to get bus passes will therefore rise gradually, from 60 on 6 April 2010 to 65 on 5 April 2020.

The Government decided that this would be the fairest method, rather than introduce a one-off rise which would leave those currently close to retirement age facing a full five-year delay.

Current owners of bus passes are unaffected by these changes.

If you are unsure how the new changes in pensionable age affect you, please visit the Pensions section of the Gov.UK website.