The Commercial Team is responsible for enforcing health and safety laws in premises for which the Local Authority has enforcing responsibilities.
- Health and Safety (Enforcing Authority) Regulations 1998 (external link)
- Health and Safety Executive incident selection criteria (external link)
We are also responsible for
- Investigating some accidents
- Following up complaints about health and safety matters in workplaces for which the local authority has enforcement responsibilities
- Giving advice to businesses
- Issuing and enforcing skin piercing law
- Following the Health and Safety Enforcement Policy (pdf)
For more information, please email email@example.com or telephone 01353 665555.