Police and Crime Commissioners

Contact your police and crime commissioner (PCC) to make a suggestion or a complaint about how your local area is policed.

PCCs are elected to make sure that local police meet the needs of the community. Contact your local PCC (external link) about: 

  • how your area is policed 

  • the police budget 

  • the amount of Council Tax charged for the police 

  • the information you get about what the local police are doing 

Become a PCC 

You will be able to register as a candidate close to the election. 

Complain about your PCC 

To complain about your PCC, contact your local police and crime panel – contact ECDC for contact details. 

If you think your PCC has broken the law, the panel will refer your case to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC). You can also contact the IOPC directly. 



Telephone: 0300 020 0096 

Minicom: 020 7404 0431 

Fax: 020 7404 0430 

Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm 

Find out about call charges (external link)