Court and tribunal fees

You might have to pay a fee if you go to a court or tribunal in England or Wales. 

If you are on a low income, or if you are on certain benefits and do not have much in savings, you might be able to get money off your court or tribunal fee (external link)

Court and tribunal fees are different from legal costs, for example paying for a solicitor. 

How much you pay  

The fees you need to pay at a court or tribunal depend on your claim or case. You may have to pay multiple fees, for example a hearing fee and an application fee. 

How to pay your court or tribunal fee 

You cannot pay most fees online. Pay: 

You can only pay online when you use: 

Find out more about court and tribunal fees (external link)