Tax Credits Calculator

Get an estimate of how much you could get in tax credits during the tax year. The tax year is from 6 April to 5 April the following year.
If it looks like you qualify for tax credits, contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to start your claim.
Tax credits have been replaced by Universal Credit for most people. 
Check if you can make a new claim for tax credits.

Before you start

You’ll need details of:
  • your income
  • your partner’s income
  • your working hours
  • any benefits you’re claiming, or have just stopped claiming
  • the average weekly amount you spend on childcare

If you’re subject to immigration control

Contact HMRC to check your eligibility for tax credits if both the following apply:
  • you’re in a couple and either of you is subject to immigration control
  • you’re not responsible for any children

Start now

For further information: