Claim Redundancy Pay

Use this service to claim money if your employer owes you a redundancy payment or other money like wages, holiday and commission.
Your employer must be unable to pay you, for example because they are insolvent.
There is a different service if you need to claim for loss of notice pay.

To be eligible you must:

  • be a UK or EEA national (or foreign national with the right to work in the UK)
  • have been an employee at the business
If you are not eligible (for example you are a contractor) register as a creditor instead.

You will need:

  • a ‘CN’ (case reference) number
  • your National Insurance number
  • an email address
  • your bank or building society details (so you can get paid)
  • the date you became redundant (if you lost your job) - this can be found on your official letter of redundancy
  • your employment details, including dates you were employed and how much you were paid
  • details of any money you are owed by your employer
  • the number of holiday days you are entitled to and holiday days you have taken
  • copies of any letters sent to or received from your employer or an employment tribunal
  • details of any money you still owe your employer

Before you start

Contact the Insolvency Service if you need help using the service:

For further information: