Getting Married in the UK

Come to the UK to get Married 

Find out what you need to do if you are coming to the UK to get married. 

Step 1

Step 2: 

Apply for a visa, the visa you need depends on who you are marrying and whether you want to live in the UK after. 

You can apply for either: 

Or apply for a family permit 

You can apply for a family permit if you are marrying someone who is a citizen of: 

  • an EU country that is not the UK 

  • Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland 

Step 3: 

Step 4:  

Step 5: 

Get married. Find out the process for getting married in the UK