Coming to the UK to get Married

Find out what you need to do if you are coming to the UK to get married.

Step 1: Check if you need a visa

Step 2: Apply for a visa

The visa you need depends on who you are marrying and whether you want to live in the UK after. You can apply for either:

Or apply for a family permit

You can apply for a family permit if you are marrying someone who is a citizen of:
  • an EU country that is not the UK,
  • Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.

Apply for an EEA family permit

Step 3: Check what you can bring with you

Step 4: Check what you need to show at the UK border

Step 5: Get married