Temporary Worker - Seasonal Worker Visa (Tier 5)
You can apply for a Tier 5 Seasonal Worker visa if you want to come to the UK for up to 6 months to do farm work. You will need to:
- have a sponsor
- be from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- meet the other eligibility requirements
How long it will take
The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before the date you are due to start work. This date is on your certificate of sponsorship.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.
The visa costs £244.
How long you can stay
You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
You can enter the UK as soon as your visa is valid (up to 14 days before the start date of your job).
What you can and cannot do
- work in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
- study (for some courses you will need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate)
- take a permanent job
- work in a second job or a job that is not described in your certificate of sponsorship
- get public funds
- bring family members with you
For Further Information: