Temporary Visas for Seasonal Workers

Temporary Worker - Seasonal Worker Visa (Tier 5)

You can apply for a Tier 5 Seasonal Worker visa if you want to come to the UK for up to 6 months to do farm work. You will need to:

How long it will take

The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before the date you are due to start work. This date is on your certificate of sponsorship.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.


The visa costs £244.

How long you can stay

You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
You can enter the UK as soon as your visa is valid (up to 14 days before the start date of your job).

What you can and cannot do

You can:
You cannot:
  • take a permanent job
  • work in a second job or a job that is not described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • get public funds
  • bring family members with you
See Also:
For Further Information: