What can you do?
Firstly, remember that the attacker(s) made the choice to commit a hate crime, so it is their fault that it happened, not yours.
There are a few things you can do to make you feel safer, and be safer:
- Improve your basic home security, for example by adding locks and bolts to doors and windows.
- Keep a note of all incidents. include time, date and details of what happened.
- If you decide to report the crime to the Police, take someone with you for support.
- If you come into contact with the person responsible for the crime, move to a more public place and try to get away safely.
- Remove your phone number and profile from any public lists.
- Change your email address, and/or block any email addresses sending you unwanted emails.
- Block the offender from your social media profiles.