Disabled Facility Grants


You could get a grant from your council if you are disabled and need to make changes to your home, for example to: 

  • widen doors and instal ramps 

  • improve access to rooms and facilities, for example stairlifts or a downstairs bathroom 

  • provide a heating system suitable for your needs 

  • adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use 

A Disabled Facilities Grant will not affect any benefits you get. 

See also: 

For further information: