National Concessionary Fuel Scheme


You could get free solid fuel or a cash allowance for fuel if you’re an ex-employee of the National Coal Board (NCB) or British Coal Corporation (BCC). 

You need to qualify to get the fuel allowance through the National Concessionary Fuel Scheme (NCFS), and you can only get the cash allowance if you’re already getting fuel through the scheme. 

You might be eligible for the allowance if you’re the widow or widower of an ex-employee, if the employee qualified for the NCFS. 

See also: