Appeal to the upper tribunal

You may be able to appeal to the upper tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber) if you think there was a legal mistake with a decision made against you by certain lower tribunals and organisations. 

You might be able to appeal if your case was about: 

  • social security or child support 
  • war pensions and armed forces compensation 
  • mental health 
  • special education needs or disabilities 
  • a dispute that was heard by the General Regulatory Chamber 
  • a decision made by the Disclosure and Barring Service 
  • a decision made by the Traffic Commissioner (or the Transport Regulation Unit in Northern Ireland) 

There are other cases (external link) that the tribunal deals with. 

There is a different process if your case is about criminal injuries compensation (external link)

The tribunal is independent of government and will listen to both sides of the argument before making a decision. 

Get help with your appeal 

You can read more detail about the appeal process (external link)

Contact the tribunal  

England and Wales 

Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber), 5th floor, 7 Rolls Buildings, Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1NL.