The Council's Constitution sets out how the Council operates, how decisions are made and the procedures which are followed to ensure these are efficient, transparent and accountable.
These are supplemented by a number of Key Documents, covering various procedures, codes of practice and public engagement.
- Council Constitution: Part 1 - Contents, Councillors and Wards
- Council Constitution: Part 2 - Articles of the Constitution
- Council Constitution: Part 3 - Responsibility for Functions
- Council Constitution: Part 4 - Rules of Procedure
- Council Constitution: Part 5 - Codes and Protocols
- Council Constitution: Part 6 - Members' Allowances
- Key Document 5 - Public Petitions
- Key Document 6 - Public Speaking at Planning Committee
- Key Document 7 - Public Question Time Scheme
- Key Document 8 - Guidance to Member Bodies
- Key Document 9 - Call In of Decisions Procedure
- Key Document 12 - Monitoring Officer Protocol