If you are concerned about the safety of a building, fence or wall, follow the procedure below:
Before you start we will require the following information:
- the address of the dangerous structure
- a description of what you consider to be dangerous and its position on the structure
- any information known about the ownership of the structure
- access details that might help us in dealing with the problem
- your name and contact details if you want to be advised of any action taken (optional)
Report a dangerous structure
- You can report a structure that poses an immediate threat to the public by phoning us:
During office hours - 01353 665555
If you are calling during office hours you can ask to be transferred to Building Control who will deal with your report.
Out of office hours - 07710 978900 (If there is imminent danger)
Once contact has been made:
- we will respond immediately to any report of a suspected dangerous structure, a Building Control surveyor will endeavour to arrive at the incident within two hours
- if the structure poses an imminent danger to the public we will assess the need for any urgent action.
- we attempt to contact the owner and give them the opportunity to have the danger removed themselves. If this is not possible we can take direct action and make arrangements to have the risk removed.
- If there is no immediate danger we will contact the owner of the building or structure and request that they remove the risk.