Coronavirus Service Update
Please do not book a site inspection if you are suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms unless provisions are in place to allow the site visit can be carried out safely.
To make sure your building works comply with building regulations, you must give us notice when your work reaches a particular stage, we will then carry out an inspection.
It may be necessary for additional inspections to be made at key stages. This could be organised with the Surveyor at the time of commencement of works.
Stages when you need a site inspection
Depending on the project type, typical stages when we may say that you need to tell us, are listed below. Not all stages will be relevant to some works:
- When you start work (commencement).
- Excavation for foundations.
- Damp proof course laid.
- Oversite ready for concreting (with damp proof membrane laid if appropriate).
- Drains laid and visible for checking layout and construction.
- Drains backfilled and ready for testing for water tightness.
- Structural timbers.
- First fix/insulation.
- Occupation, normally only relevant when part of a building is finished, for example a flat.
- Completion of the whole job.
How to book a Building Control Inspection
By Telephone - 01353 665555
Inspections are taken during Customer Support office hours which are:
8:45am to 5:00pm Monday to Thursday;
8:45am to 4:30pm Friday.
We have now moved to a next day inspection regime. Therefore, if your inspection request is booked by 4:30pm we will carry out the inspection the next working day.
Please ensure the following information is provided:
- Contact name and telephone number
- Date inspection required
- Application number (if known)
- Site Address
- Inspection required e.g. foundations