Apply for a registration certificate if you are from the EU, EEA or Switzerland
- a ‘qualified person’;
- a close family member of a qualified person;
- an extended family member of a qualified person.
You are a qualified person
- looking for work.
Providing ‘biometric information’ and supporting documents
When you apply online, you will be asked to make an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point to provide your ‘biometric information’ (a photo). You will also need to submit your supporting documents. You can:
- upload them into the online service;
- have them scanned at your UKVCAS appointment.
If you cannot apply online
You are a close family member of a qualified person
- child or grandchild under 21 years old;
- child or grandchild of any age, if you’re dependent on the qualified person;
- parent or grandparent.
You are an extended family member of a qualified person
- brother or sister;
- aunt or uncle;
- niece or nephew;
- relative from a different generation, such as a great-aunt, great-nephew or second cousin;
- unmarried partner who you have been living with in a lasting relationship.
- you live or have lived in a country other than the UK, and are dependent on your family member - for example, they provide financial support;
- you live with or are joining your family member in the UK, having lived with them previously in a country other than the UK;
- you need personal care from your family member because of a serious health problem;
- your family member has settled in the UK, and you are an adult who is dependent on them;
- you are the unmarried partner of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you have been living with them in a lasting relationship.
How to apply as a family member
- form EEA (FM) for a close family member;
- form EEA (EFM) for an extended family member.