Respond to a Court Claim for Money

You will get a letter or email if someone claims you owe them money. You must respond by the date on the email or letter you receive.

You can respond by: 

You might have to pay more or get a county court judgment (external link) (CCJ) if you do not respond in time.

If you Need More Time to Respond 

You can ask for another 14 days to respond if you are defending the claim or paying only what you think you owe. 

Download and fill in the acknowledgement of service form in the response pack (external link)

Send it to the court address on the claim form.