Complain About an Insolvency Practitioner

If you are not happy with your insolvency practitioner's service, you must complain to them directly. 

An insolvency practitioner can also be called a: 

  • trustee in personal bankruptcy cases 
  • supervisor in a Company Voluntary Arrangement or Individual Voluntary Arrangement 
  • liquidator if a company is being wound up and its assets sold off  
  • receiver, administrator or administrative receiver 

If you are not satisfied with their response, you can use the online form to complain to their professional (authorising) body. 

You can only complain about something that happened: 

  • in the past 3 years  
  • more than 3 years ago if you first found evidence of the issue in the past 3 years 

You cannot use this form to make the same complaint more than once. You can add more information about a complaint that has already been reviewed. 

Before you start  

You need to know which professional (authorising) body your insolvency practitioner belongs to. 

Get help making a complaint  

Use the contact form (external link) to ask the Insolvency Service for help making a complaint.