A Budgeting Loan can help pay for:
- furniture or household items (for example, washing machines or other ‘white goods’);
- clothes or footwear;
- rent in advance;
- costs linked to moving house;
- maintenance, improvements or security for your home;
- travelling costs within the UK;
- costs linked to getting a new job;
- maternity costs;
- funeral costs;
- repaying hire purchase loans;
- repaying loans taken for the above items.
Crisis Loans are no longer available.
You may be eligible for a Budgeting Loan if you have been on certain benefits for 6 months.
You only have to pay back the amount you borrow, and repayments are taken automatically from your benefits.