The Council offers a "bulky domestic refuse" collection service for items of household furniture (not from businesses).
Fridges & Freezers
Items that can be collected
|Artificial Christmas Trees||Cots||Lawn Mowers (Empty)||Tumble Dryers|
|Barbeques (no gas bottles)||Dishwashers||Mattresses||TV/Stereo Stands|
|Bed Bases||Doors - Internal/External||Microwaves||Vacuum Cleaners|
|Bedside Tables||Dressing Tables||Parasols||Video/DVD Players|
|Bicycles (please specify model and colour)||Electric Plug-in Fires||Pushchairs/Prams||Wall Units|
|Bookcases||Exercise Equipment (please specify type)||Radiators (Oil Filled)||Wardrobe Doors (Glass)|
|Carpets||Filing Cabinets||Satellite Dishes||Wardrobes|
|Child Car Seats||Garden Tables/Chairs||Settees/Armchairs||Washing Lines|
|Coffee Tables||Ironing Boards||Stereos||Window Blinds|
|Computers/Monitors etc||Kitchen/Dining Chairs (set of 4 or 6)||Superspurs (no gas bottle)|
|Cookers||Kitchen/Dining Tables||Televisions||Any other furniture (please specify)|
Booking a Bulky Waste Collection
To book a bulky waste collection please complete the online form or telephone the Customer Services Team on 01353 665555.
Prior to Collection
- You will need to put any items booked for collection at a single point on the edge of your property, next to the public highway, by 7:00am on your arranged collection day.
- The maximum size of any item is limited to 6'6" (202cm) at its longest point. Please ensure all items are broken down as much as reasonably possible.
- Any glass items are to be wrapped or covered.
- Any fuel tanks are to be fully emptied.
Please note: If items are not presented according to our guidelines above, it may result in a non-collection and the collection would need to be rearranged.
- Furniture Reuse Website
- For residents living near Newmarket, Newmarket Open Door provide links for recycling unwanted items
Missed Bulky Waste Collections