Self Assessment Forms and Helpsheets
You can download forms and guidance to help you send your tax return either online or by post.
The Main Tax Return (SA100)
There are 2 ways to do a Self Assessment tax return. You can:
- get advice from a professional, such as an accountant
- contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- use the notes and helpsheets
Only fill in the short tax return (SA200) if HMRC sends it to you. You can not download it, but you can read the guidance notes.
You might need to fill in more sections, known as ‘supplementary pages’, if you are telling HMRC about these types of income:
- employees or company directors - SA102
- self-employment - SA103S or SA103F
- business partnerships - SA104S or SA104F
- UK property income - SA105
- foreign income or gains - SA106
- capital gains - SA108
- non-UK residents or dual residents - SA109
Check the full list of supplementary pages to make sure you fill in the right sections if you are sending your return by post.
If you are sending a tax return for the 2014 to 2015 tax year or earlier, get forms from the National Archives.
Sending a Tax Return if you are not an Individual
There are special forms if you are sending a tax return for a business partnership or non-resident company, or if you are a trustee.
|Type of Tax Return||Forms and Guidance Notes|
|Partnership||SA800 (including supplementary pages)|
|Trust and estate||SA900 (including supplementary pages)|
|Trustees of registered pension schemes||SA970|
If you need help you can: