East Cambridgeshire residents are invited to join in a fun and free Health and Well Fair taking place at Ely Country Park on Sunday 3 September.
The event, hosted by East Cambridgeshire District Council will be a fun day out with a focus on wellbeing.
The aim is to encourage visitors to take steps towards a better lifestyle in a number of areas including:
- Healthy living
- Mental health
- Financial wellbeing
Among the attraction on the day will be:
- Taster sessions and information on how to get involved in sports
- Free climbing wall and smoothie bikes
- Engaging with residents on safety concerns, and sharing advice on many topics including county lines and knife crime
- Cost of living advice
- Energy efficiency advice and how to access grants to insulate your home
- NHS Health Checks by Healthy You
- Free bike servicing and maintenance advice
- Information on clubs, workshops, fundraising, volunteering and careers
- Climate change and what you can do to help the environment
- ARC games, such as Jenga, Limbo and Giant Connect 4
The event is being supported by a diverse range of organisations including East Cambridgeshire District Council, EMC bicycle repairs, Neighbourhood Watch, VCAEC (Voluntary & Community Action East Cambs) and Wood Green.
Cllr Julia Huffer, chair of the Council's Operational Services Committee, said: "We're out speaking to residents in East Cambridgeshire all the time and they are always keen to know what activities there are to do and where they can go to get help and advice if they need it.
"Our Health and Well Fair is bringing these two things together. People can go along and have with fun with the sports activities and events taking place on the day. But there will also be an opportunity to have more thoughtful conversations around cost of living advice, climate change, health and wellbeing and how to keep yourself safe.
"So whether you want to just have an enjoyable free day out with friends, or find out more about the support and services that are available - or both, it's guaranteed there will be something for everyone on the day."
The event is taking place between 11am and 3pm.