We are committed to protecting the privacy of the residents we are assisting through the Home Energy Grant process. This privacy notice is intended to inform you on how we gather, define and use your information. All your personal information will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
- Only keep your data to provide services and do what the law says we must
- Keep your records safe and accurate
- Only keep your data as long as we have to
- Collect, store and use your data in a way that does not break any data protection laws
- Tell us when any of your details change
- Tell us if any of the information we hold on you is wrong
- When you consent to it, or
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- Fulfilling a vital interest on behalf of the data subject, or
- Fulfilling a public task, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest
What information will we collect about you?
- Address and details of property receiving the energy efficiency installation(s)
- Details about the energy efficiency installation(s) at the property, including type, size and cost
- Contact address (if not the property receiving the energy efficiency installation(s))
- Address and details of property offered, but not receiving, the energy efficiency installation(s)
- Your name
- Household income and any other scheme eligibility information
- Any financial contribution you have made towards the energy efficiency installation(s)
- Details about the expected energy, carbon and cost savings expected to be delivered by the installation, including pre- and post-installation property EPC details where appropriate
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your name
- Relevant accreditation and registration information
- Contact address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Whether directly contracted or sub-contracted by the Local Authority to instal energy efficiency measures
- The number of employees in your organisation
How we use your information
The purpose for which we are processing your personal data is to support the delivery and administration of Home Energy Grants. Only those authorised to process your data can access your data. We work hard to ensure our staff can only see the data they need to perform their tasks. All our staff are trained to understand data protection and what they need to do to keep your data secure.
Your rights relating to your information
- The right to be informed: this is the information given to you in a privacy notice
- The right of access: you can see the personal information we hold about you
- The right to rectification: if you feel your information is incorrect you can ask for it to be corrected The right to erase – there are some circumstances when you can ask for your personal information to be erased
- The right to restrict processing: there are some circumstances when you can ask for the processing of your personal information to be restricted
- The right to data portability: you may request to acquire and reuse your personal information for your own purposes
- The right to object: you can object to processing if you feel your personal information is not being used for the purposes that you gave it to us for
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: you have the right to know if your personal information is used in an automated process which could result in an unfavourable decision against you.
The legal basis for processing your information
How we share your information
- Cambridgeshire Energy Retrofit Partnership (CERP) comprising of Cambridgeshire City Council, East Cambridgeshire District Council, South Cambridgeshire District Council, Huntingdon District Council, Fenland District Council and Cambridgeshire County Council
- Registered Social Landlord (If applicable)
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and its contractors for delivery, administration and evaluation of the scheme, statistical, research and fraud prevention purposes.
- Ofgem and delivery partners of central and local government home energy schemes such as the Energy Company Obligation and Renewable Heat Incentive
- Personal data shared with BEIS will be stored on their IT infrastructure and will therefore also be shared with their data processors Microsoft and Amazon Web Services.
How long we hold your information
Your right to access your information
Where can I find more information about my rights?
The Government has set out a number of data protection principles and rights for you that we must follow when using your personal data. These principles and rights are detailed in the Data Protection Act. How we comply with these principles and rights is explained in our Data Protection Guidance
If you wish to complain about the way in which your personal data has been processed then your complaint will be dealt in accordance with our Complaint's Procedure. If you are still unhappy with the decision, you have a right of appeal to the ICO.
Other legal requirements in regards to personal information
Contacting East Cambridgeshire District Council
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice please contact: The Data Protection Officer, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EE (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contacting the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
BEIS Data Protection Officer, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, 1 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0ET (email: email@example.com)