Current Planning Applications
Public Access System
Live and recently determined planning applications can be viewed online through the Council’s Public Access System. This service allows you to:
- View details about planning and tree work applications being considered by the Council;
- Monitor the progress of live applications;
- Submit comments/objections on live applications;
- View decision notices & officer reports for determined applications;
- View screening and scoping opinion requests (information only).
The information available on line is constantly being updated and includes a weekly list of live and determined applications. View the weekly list.
We have also produced a User Guide to help you navigate the public access system.
Under normal circumstances the plans and documents associated with new planning applications will be available to view within 5 working days of receipt of the application, if none are displayed at the time you look, you may want to wait a few days. Computers are available at the Council offices during working hours. Alternatively, an appointment can be made to view the working file by contacting the support team on 01353665555 or via email email@example.com. You need to given 48 hours notice and advise which file you would like to view (including the planning reference number).
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of property data, should you find an error or problem relating to a property address, please email our ICT support team.
Commenting on a planning application
Once a planning application is validated and allocated to a case officer, the relevant consultations will be sent out. These will normally include:
- Statutory consultees;
- Neighbouring properties;
- A site notice, posted somewhere close to the application site;
- In some cases an advert will also be placed in the local paper.
What can I comment on?
The Council can only consider comments relating to certain issues, known as ‘Material Planning Considerations’. Please use the guidance leaflet below from the Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG) which clearly sets out what constitutes a Material Planning Consideration: Planning Aid: Material Planning Considerations
How do I make comments?
Comments from neighbours or interested parties can be made:
- Online using our public access webpage;
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- By post to Planning, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, CB7 4EE
N.B.. Please ensure you include the planning reference, your name and full address to allow your comments to be formally acknowledged. Please be aware that all comments received will be published on the Public Access System, any sensitive information such as signatures and email addresses will be withheld. Comments which are slanderous, racist or malicious will not be published.