The Care and Repair staff are very experienced in organising adaptations to people’s homes and have many years experience and knowledge on how to design and organise work for your home to make it safe and secure.
Firstly, our caseworkers will visit you in your own home to advise you about eligibility for grants and other sources of funding available if you cannot afford to pay for the adaptation.
Then our technical officer will visit you to give advice about building work.
- Advice is free
- Our fees for adaptations, financed by a Local Authority grant, are normally included in the grant calculations.
- Adaptations financed by the client - a fee is agreed before work commences depending on the amount of work required
What we can do
- Draw plans and schedules of work
- Apply for Planning Permission
- Apply for Building Regulation approval
- Obtain prices from contractors
- Complete and submit Grant Applications
- Organise the building work and oversee work on site
- Ensure all certificates are in place on completion
- Arrange all payments for building works
Types of work covered
- Level Access and over bath showers
- Ground floor bathrooms
- Ramps and Access
- Central Heating
- Electrical Works
- Structural Repairs to your Home
- Disabled adapted Kitchens
- Damp Proofing Works
- Roof repairs
- Replacement windows and doors