Housing Information for Landlords and Tenants

Environmental Services, Domestic Team provide information for tenants and landlords to ensure that they are safe in their homes.

Tenants can contact Environmental Services, Domestic Team and ask for an inspection if they have housing repairs that have not been carried out by thier landlord or require further advice on 01353 665555 and speak to Julia Atkins, Senior Environmental Health Officer.

Some useful leaflets and information are below:

Information for Tenants:

Information for Landlords:

Housing Enforcement Policy

East Cambridgeshire District Council have written a draft Housing Enforcement Policy  explaining how we deal with housing enforcement issues by Environmental Services. We aim to work with occupiers and landlords to improve housing conditions using informal routes, by requesting the co-operation of the owner to carry out works required to bring them to a good standard, and will only use formal action when all these routes have been exhausted.

Smoke Free Law in Private Rented Properties

The Smoke Free Law which came into effect at 6:00am on the 1st July 2007 may affect you if you are an owner of a rented property. If you are a landlord of a property, you must display no smoking signs within any communal areas to comply with the regulations.