Cottage Late C17.
Originally a pair of cottages sharing a common chimney stack, the cottage to the right hand has been demolished. Stack rebuilt possibly in 1781, carved date on floor beam.
Timber framed and plastered. Thatched roof. Local brown brick stack to right hand. One storey and attic. Modern casement dormer window, boarded door to left of centre, and casement window with leaded lights.
Interior has original floor frame and inglenook hearth originally with a baking oven. Rear wing, modern single storey, and thatched.
Barn, stables and cartsheds with granary arranged around fold yard.
Flint with red brick quoins and dressings, slate roofs. Granary with half hipped roof situated to north west of group, barn to south with tall double entry facing south.
Coffin lid C13 sited beside south porch said to be of Knights Templars origin.
Row of four farm cottages, early C19 including one C17 timber framed and thatched cottage to south east.
Flint with gault brick dressings. Half hipped pantile roof. Two ridge stacks. C17 cottage one storey and attic with weather boarded and pantiled extension. Two fixed light and one casement windows, one boarded door.
C19 cottages, two storeys. Four first floor casement windows with iron latticed glazing bars. Three similar casements at ground floor in segmental brick arches. Three boarded doors. Low service range to right hand.
Farmhouse, late C16 or early C17.
Timber framed and plastered with steeply pitched slate roof; square red brick ridge stack. Three unit plan with rear outshuts; one storey and attic. Two first floor and two ground floor casement windows with glazing bars. Late C18 or early C19 two storey extension of two bays to east. Painted red brick, slate roof with parapet gables and end stack. Dentil brick eaves course. Two first floor and one ground floor original three, leaded light casement windows. One similar ground floor window in pent roofed extension to the original building at right hand of main entrance. Reeded wooden doorcase and panelled door approached by stone steps.
Interior has an inglenook hearth, boxed staircase, one early wooden mullioned window in rear wall and exposed timber frame. The wall plates and middle rails project into the wall of the C16 tithe barn to the west.
Outbuildings, early C19.
Four outbuildings including an open cartshed, with common gable walls forming one range. Flint and clunch and local red brick wall, red brick dressings. Red pantile roofs, two with hipped roofs to left hand and with gabled roofs to right hand. Dentil brick eaves cornice. Boarded doors.
Farmhouse, two C17 building periods, range to south east earlier.
Painted brick casing, plain tile roofs. Two storeys and basement, L-plan. Gault brick ridge stack and end stack of C17 local brick with offsets to north west gable. Three recessed four paned hung sash windows with stone cills at first floor and two similar ground floor windows with key blocks and one with sidelights.
Main entrance to rear in C19 extension possible original entry with wide half glazed panelled door in south east elevation.
Parish Church, one of two in Cambridgeshire with a round Norman tower.
Nave wall possibly C11 with traces of original roof line in west wall. Early C13 chancel and south aisle, late C13 arcades to nave and north aisle. Late C15 clerestorey and hammerbeam roof. South aisle wall, south porch, north vestry and chancel and chancel arch rebuilt during 1878 restoration and east window inserted. Flint with Barnack limestone dressings and C19 Ketton limestone. Slate roofs.
Flint tower of three stages with plain coped parapet and weathervane mounted on roof. Small loop windows, three, paired light belfry windows with round heads and shafted mullions with cushion capitals. Nave and aisle walls with coped parapets. Clerestorey with three two light, cinquefoiled windows in four centred arches. Buttressed aisle wall with two restored lancet windows; South porch with corner buttresses and rebuilt C13 outer arch has C15 glass reset in side windows. Chancel has one C19 two light transomed window, and one lancet window.
Interior. Nave of three bays with arcade of octagonal piers with moulded capitals and bases with wide two centred arches of two chamfered orders inserted into the C11 nave wall, replacing earlier arcades. A roundel with carved cross in spandrel above south arcade. Six bayed hammerbeam nave roof with richly carved and moulded cornice, moulded principals and purlins and carved figures of bishops and priests to soffits of hammerbeams. Tower doorway C15. Chancel arch and screen C19. Recesses to alter C19, flanked by two niches each with cinquefoiled arched heads. C19 double piscina with foiled drains and trefoil in two centred arch. Easter sepulchre in north wall C14 with quatrefoil panelled table tomb and ogee crocketed canopy.
C15 restored parclose screen to memorial chapel in north aisle. Chancel screen C13, font octagonal bowl standing on single octagonal shaft with moulded cap and base. C19 stained glass in all windows. Monuments include one indented marble slab with cross and figure; three black marble tablets to George Warner, 1735; Joseph Sparrow, 1721; and Thomas Luck 1752. Wall memorial in south aisle to Isaac Thornton 1669, black marble plaque with flanking pilasters and broken pediment, and black marble floor tablet at foot.
Originally the rectory, early C18, including within the plan two separate medieval buildings, possibly wings of an earlier house.
C18 local brown brick, C19 gault brick, Barnack limestone, clunch and flint. Plain tile roofs. Main range two storeys with attics and basement and end stacks; flanked by two, two storey wings to north east and south west. Five bays encasing in two bays to north east a two storey C12 building with round headed arches to two openings now sealed over, and one introduced C15 doorway.
C19 stucco to entrance facade with imitation rusticated stone quoins. Five first floor, twelve paned hung sash windows in wooden cases, four similar ground floor windows. Band between floors. Entrance approached by stone steps; closed, gabled C19 porch with early C18 raised and fielded panelled door. Pedimented doorcase in original position with C19 half glazed door. Wing to north east with parapet gable and ridge stack has early C18 hung sash windows in rear elevation. Wing to south west, medieval and cased in C19 gault brick, has brick buttresses with Barnack limestone offsets at rear, these may replace original; front elevation has a C18 four panelled door and rectangular fanlight with glazing bars.
Interior details largely C19, closed string main staircase with turned balusters made by Mr Tharp in Queen Anne style.